Sunday, June 28, 2009

Butterfly Elf Workshop


I took an exciting workshop yesterday from Joyce Cloutman of Austin, Texas. She is just starting out teaching, and the workshop was great! I am pleased with my little butterfly, and am planning on using some of these techniques on a doll that I hope to start sometime next week. Of course I did not finish the butterfly during the class, and I was not sure what I would place in her hands. My friend Nina said that a little "pod" of sorts would look good, so she gave me some to try. I found one that worked fairly well, and used some acrylic paints and fibers on the pod. The body of the butterfly was painted with alcohol inks. While Joyce taught us how to sculpture more Elf-like faces, I prefer to use a face mold (I am not very patient with sculpting).