Monday, July 5, 2010
I did manage to finish this one today. So far, I think this one might be one of my favorites. It is encaustic wax, imagery, polymer clay, freshwater pearls, alcohol ink and paint. It measures 6 x 6 x 2, and includes some of my new fossil trilobite replicas.
I have not had much time this summer to work on the "Fossil Series", but have managed in the last couple of months to get these pieces done. All of them are done with some new fossil replicas I ordered and made molds from, and I am having fun with the new fossils, most of them trilobites.
The first piece measures 6 x 12 x 2, the smaller pink one is 5 x 5 x 2, and the purple/rust one is 6 x 6 x 2. Hopefully by the end of the day, I will have another piece done and posted.