Thursday, June 25, 2009

Studio Re-organization


A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to re-organize my art studio. It was truly a mess, with almost no working space. My studio is 10 x 11 feet, and I also have a closet to work with. This is completely adequate, but I had accumulated so much stuff that I could hardly move around, much less make art. So, I was ruthless and went through everything, putting aside anything that I had not used or read in the last couple of years, or was sick of. I also had a ton of just plain trash. I then made a list of everything that I wanted to sell off in order to make a little extra cash for even more art supplies! So I posted my list on the two groups I belong to, and everything went over the next 2 days! Now, everything is organized, and I am finding it much easier to create. Here are some photos of the studio as it is now. I now have all my computer and printing equipment at the "clean" side of the studio, hopefully away from paint and wax splatters. Hopefully, I can maintain this.