Sunday, July 26, 2009

Encaustic Play Day


My friend Lisa came over yesterday for an encaustic play day. We got lots of wax projects done, made encaustic medium, and our own colors. Since it is so hot here in Texas, we had fans going to try to cool off the room-we had 3 palettes going all at 225 degrees, so the room was very warm.

I finished two pieces, with polymer clay replicas of some of my own fossils and shells, and incorporated some cool shell beads I found at Michael's craft store. These colors are completely out of my comfort zone, but I am pleased with the way they turned out.

I now have all the pieces I wanted to get done for the Waxy 100 exhibit at the Encaustic Center in Richardson, Texas. This show opens Friday, August 14th at 7:00pm, and continues until September 30th, 2009. All entries in this show are under $100.00.